Saturday, October 06, 2007

Margi is in the manzanita


on the Pacific Crest Trail. During a late September writing retreat near Anza, CA, I discovered the Pacific Crest Trail passed nearby, on its way south to Mexico and north to the rest of the U.S. On one of my first walks I saw this healthy, happy, solitary manzanita growing in dry sandy soil near a tumble of rocks. On a later hike, I put half my baggie of Margi ashes around the manzanita's roots, and used some of the water in my water bottle to help the ashes blend into the soil. It seemed to me a spot Margi would have appreciated, desert lover that she was, and that she would like knowing that a little bit of her was helping this lustrous plant to thrive. Namaste, Margi.

1 comment:

v said...

I am shocked to have learned of Margi's passing. However, it relieves me that she no longer is feeling pain. She was such a beautiful, amazing womyn. I was fortunate enough to be graced by her presence during my stay with Dr. Baylac on Big Island. I regret not writing her sooner. And I really would still love to get the music she said she would send. It was Indian music- something she had playing during her wig slide show. :-) If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Peace and love