Thursday, May 31, 2007

The latest news

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that it has been a couple of weeks of stark contrasts. On one hand Margi is struggling to breathe. The cancer in her lungs is making her very uncomfortable, tire easily and making it hard to walk. She is starting to take morphine and other medicines aimed at helping her breathe easier but is struggling with the associated nausea. Hopefully getting the combinations correct she will start to feel some relief.

On the other hand, she has had a nice review in the LA Times:

http://www.overtonesgallery.com/Press/articles/2007/2007_05_25_latimes.html

Her work is getting some good recognition. We, in Tiburon, are trying to help make Margi as comfortable as possible, help her with the neccessary paperwork so that she has access to hospice and palliative care and surround her with love. Rachel and I went with Margi up the hill near the house and had a wonderful picnic. Margi was so happy to be able to make it up the hill and it made us so happy to be able to spend time with her.
all the best,
Anne

2 comments:

Afivesecondsbloghopperturnedblogger said...

Hi I had been working on some anti tobacco legislations reserach all morning and i wanted some change so i typed in something i wanted to know about on google and i dont know how Margi's page opened to me. It just seems an extension of my research... I am deeply sorry

pomo housewife said...

Hello Anne,

I just discovered Margi via a radio show on the ABC here in Australia. What a remarkable woman. Just listening to her made me itch to make art again, and I haven't truly made my own art for years now. Her courage in the face of her diagnosis is inspirational, though this seems a natural progression from her attitude to life and art. From this great distance, she has touched me deeply. Please pass on our warmest thoughts.

Helen